Jeans Getting Too Tight? This Routine Can Help!
Tone Your Inner Thighs With These Exercises
The inner thigh seems to be one of the most common areas where excess fat gets stored. This can be very annoying, especially when you want to put on a pair of nice pants you haven’t tried on in a while only to find out you can no longer fit in them! But don’t worry, the inner thigh, like any other muscle, can be toned with targeted exercises. Combined with a targeted diet, toning your inner thighs will have you back in those pants in no time and boost your confidence!
The following exercises focus on inner thighs. Before starting these, be sure to warm up for a few minutes. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your home and should be repeated 3-4 times a week.
In this exercise no equipment is necessary and you only use gravity for resistance.
- Lie on a floor or a mat with your face up, while your legs are extended straight over hips. Keep your feet flexed, heels together, and toes turned out.
- Slowly bend your knees out to the sides, and then straighten them back, using your inner-thigh muscles to control the movement.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps, while resting in between each set as needed.
Side and cross-over lunges
This exercise will help you to tone your inner thighs as it hits them from different directions.
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Take your left foot making a wide side-step (illustration A). Bend your right knee so you push your hips behind you when you are stepping aside (keep your back straight and your face forward). Your right leg remains extended as you move your body weight on your left side.
2. Touch the ground with your finger tips so your arms on either side of the left foot. Return to standing position. Perform 1 set for each leg, 10-15 repetitions.
3. For the classic lunges (illustration B), stand with your right leg forward and left leg back. Then slowly bend the knees until both legs are nearly at right angles. Then push back up to starting position. Remember to keep your back straight and don’t let your knees extend over your toes. Perform 1 set for each leg, 10-15 repetitions.
Inner Thigh Lift and Circles
1. Lie on your right side while supporting your head with your bent arm as per the illustration below (alternatively you can fold your arm down and rest your head on it).
2. Bend your left leg and place your foot on the floor in front of your right leg, holding your ankle for support. Your right leg is extended.
3. Use your inner thigh muscles to lift your right leg upwards at least 15 cm. Hold for a few seconds and then slowly lower your leg back. Alternatively you can draw imaginary circles on the back wall.
4. Repeat 10-20 times for each side.
Now that you know how to strengthen those inner thighs, go give those thighs the attention they desire!
To your wellness and health!
See the original article and remaining exercises at healthyandnaturalworld.com