When it comes to being healthy, everything we see revolves around constant action. You have running, crossfit, calorie counting and more. Diets and workouts can be tough, which leads to people starting them one week and quitting them the next. The fitness and weight loss industries will lead you to believe that if you are not busting you butt, you will not become healthy.
But it doesn’t have to be like that. Being healthy and losing weight can be done with little or no work. The following simple hacks can be done with little effort. So while others are gutting through their grueling workout, you can give these a try.
Read on to see how you can become healthier with less effort
1. Stock up on frozen veggies and berries to have on hand when you might need them.
It’s so much easier than having to remember to buy them fresh, and then also having to remember to cook them before they turn into gross smelly puddles of goo in the back of your refrigerator.
Toss your frozen berries into oatmeal or eat a few as a sweet dessert. And cook up your frozen veggies as side dishes, in stir fry, soups, and more.
2. Or eat from plates and bowls that are a different color than the food you have in front of you, also to help with portion sizes.
Other research has shown that people tend to eat more food when the food is roughly the same color as the plate, compared to people eating food that contrasts with the color of the plate.
3. Make good friends with a slow cooker.
Cooking with a slow cooker is basically the easiest kind of cooking. And you can make all sorts of healthy stews and soups and other stuff with them.
4. Carry around a big old water bottle wherever you go.
All we have to say is – Always be hydrating!
5. And eat some protein within half an hour after you work out, so you can build muscles faster.
When you work out, you break down muscle tissue and your body absolutely depends on protein in order to build that muscle back up. And muscle is the key to increasing your metabolism. Greek yogurt is a good option here.
6. Fill half your plate with vegetables for lunch and dinner, and then make sure you eat the vegetables first.
Vegetables are obviously good for you, so you should be eating them for like a million reasons. But something that some people don’t know is that, due to the high-fiber content in a lot of veggies, they can actually make you feel full and satisfied pretty quickly. Eating your veggies first before you get to the other stuff means that you’ll be less likely to overindulge on things that are less nutrient-dense and filled with ingredients that aren’t so good for you.
7. Prep your lunches for the week on Sundays so you can just grab them without thinking when you’re out the door in the morning.
8. Set an alarm about an hour before you want to be asleep, so you can harass yourself to get moving on your bedtime routine.
Getting good sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Good sleep involves a few things: Having a regular sleep schedule; actually sleeping for seven to nine hours a night; and having peaceful, uninterrupted sleep. It also really helps if you’re going to bed and waking up at a consistent time every day.
9. And take a few minutes every day to unwind.
Chronic stress can wreak havoc on your health, so it’s important to do what you can to limit your stress and find ways to relax and unwind. This restorative yoga pose is one of the best yoga poses for stress relief.
These simple, but effective tips can help you become healthier without killing yourself. Do you have any tips? Share them with us below!