Set Up Your Personal Yoga Space With This Guide
As you get started with yoga, you start to form good practice habits. Once you master the beginning postures and techniques, you start to think about how to improve upon what you have learned. Part of improving your practice deals with making sure you have the proper space to keep up with your practice. While some yogis can go to a class setting each and every day, others typically practice wherever they can. This can be useful in the beginning, but eventually you’ll want a place where you can separate yourself from everyday life. Having a personal yoga space is essential as this area is your space to achieve the zen you are looking for. Mentally, having a custom space where you can practice will make you more focused and self-aware. It’s amazing what happens to our brains when we enter an area that is tailored to our practice. It’ like a switch gets turned on and we are immediately in the zone. So how to you create the ultimate yoga space in your home?
The following tips and tricks will help you create a personal yoga space that fits your personality right in the comfort of your home. These tips will help you create that special environment you’ve been looking for to help you advance in your practice.
See the tips below and be sure to pass these along to any of your friends looking to enhance their practice.
By THE JOURNEY JUNKIE
→ WHAT TO DO IN THIS BEAUTIFUL SPACE:
- Light stretching before bed to quiet the mind and relax the body.
- A yoga practice of any kind – it’s your studio so anything goes!
- Read books, write in a journal, reflect on the day or week ahead.
- Get creative – make a vision board, dreamcatcher, or take a nap!
→ WHERE TO CREATE THE SPACE:
- Choose a room or area in your home where you can be undisturbed and find some quiet time.
- A flat surface is key for balancing postures and to root down into the Earth.
- A room with an abundance of natural light, we all need that vitamin D.
→ THE YOGA SUPPLIES NEEDED + PROPS:
- Yoga Mat – I keep a lightweight, inexpensive mat outside and use my heavy-duty mat for yoga classes. If your practice is only at home, invest in a durable mat!
- A yoga towel for comfort, easier grip, and to absorb the sweat.
- A bolster is a beautiful prop with so many benefits – it helps open the heart, can support the low back, aids in restorative postures, helps to go deeper into postures, or it can be a pillow for afternoon naps. F
- A strap can aid in flexibility and making a lot of postures more accessible. Even if you are flexible, it just makes everything feel juicier.
- A yoga sandbag to help the body deepen and relax into postures. My favorite is to drape over the feet during legs up the wall pose – it takes all the pressure off the low back!
Pin now, practice later!
→ HOW TO DECORATE YOUR NEW YOGA STUDIO:
*This is my favorite part, get creative, have fun with it, anything goes!
- Lanterns of any size, shape, or color.
- Incense + an incense burner or essential oils + a burner.
- Candles and more candles.
- A portable speaker to play some soothing tunes [icon name=”music”].
- If outside, a lamp to create mood lighting & possibly bug spray.
To your health and wellness!
See the full article from thejourneyjunkie here.