We all have days where we feel sluggish or lazy. On these days, the last thing we want to do is work out. We know exercise is important, and we should be getting at least 30 mins of activity a day, even if it’s just taking a brisk walk. But knowing this is not always enough to get us moving. Well, the next time you are feeling in a rut and don’t feel like exercising, read the following 10 reasons why you need to be exercising each and every day. These reasons will lift your spirits and get your juices flowing.
See the reasons below and be sure to pass these along to your friends and family that could use a kick in the pants when it comes to exercise.
1. It will help you live longer. A steady schedule of 30 minutes of exercise five days a week is scientifically proven to extend your life by several years! Just brisk walking, biking or jogging can contribute years to your life.
2. So you can keep up with your kids. You can guarantee an easier bedtime when the kids are tuckered out! Get in some extra exercise by chasing the kids around the backyard in a game of tag.
3. Work out to impress your friends. High school reunion coming up? What about a big family gathering? Hitting the gym now means more surprised faces later!
4. Physical health can have a huge (and beneficial) impact on your mental health.
5.Exercising can relieve headaches. If you often get tension headaches, working out can relieve them. Tension headaches are the most common kind, so instead of popping a rain reliever, try a jog!
6. You can improve your resting metabolic rate.
7. It can help you manage stress. Feeling extra frustrated? Try lifting some heavy things or running it off! There are also some awesome yoga moves you can do to relieve stress!